Dogs are considered as man’s best friend, and they are loyal to their owners. The industry catering to dogs kept on generating billions of dollars in revenue because of the increasing number of dog lovers across the country. Owners spend their money on dog food, accessories, and services.
Chew toys are among the most in-demand accessories for dogs today, and people are buying it because of its low price and durability. These items are made from soft materials, and the dogs can bite and chew it over and over. This would help them release stress, while at the same time, have a great toy that they can use to play with. If you are looking for a chew toy for your pet, read on to discover the best ones on Amazon.
Top 5: Dog Chew Toys Review
Product Image & Rating (Out Of 10)
If you constantly experience broken furniture or a scratched leather surface because of your dog, now is the time for you to buy them a dog chew toy. Start visiting Amazon.com and browse the best-selling dog chew toys for your pets.
There are a lot of items to choose from, and you can compare the reviews from others who have tried the product before. The reviews are helpful whenever you are buying this item, and it will give you a guide on which one works the best. The prices of these items range from around $5 to $15, but you might find some deals while on the site so you better keep an eye on it.
Best Dog Chew Toy
If you are looking for the best dog chew toy on Amazon, the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone should be your first choice. Most of the reviews for this product are positive, and people are stating how their pet loved the toy and will play with it for hours. Head on to Amazon and check out the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy now.
When it comes to value, the Petstages Dogwood Wooden Dog Chew Toy wins.This product comes with a lot of features. The product received a lot of positive feedback because of its affordable price, as well as its durability. Dogs can play with this product for hours, and owners can be confident that the toy would not easily break. A lot of satisfied customers shared their insights with the product and recommended it to those who are looking for a cheap but durable dog chew toy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Toy Design Should I Choose for My Pet?
There are many designs to choose from when it comes to dog chew toys. Many pet owners prefer choosing an animal design for the toys, and dogs love to play with it if they would find it similar to any animal. Other pet owners are stating that abstract shapes would work perfectly fine. Just make sure that the materials used on the products would not harm your pet and it is safe to be bitten and chewed.
How Long Should a Dog Play with Their Toy?
Let your dogs play with their new toys as long as they wanted. On average, dogs who were given their toys can play with it for hours. Owners are happy with the reaction from their pets, and they were given extra time to finish other tasks aside from looking after their dogs. However, to ensure the safety of your pets, make sure that you will supervise them whenever they are playing to avoid any accidents.
Can These Toys Work with Aggressive Chewers?
Dogs that are known for chewing aggressively can rip these toys apart in a short period. Make sure that you will buy only the most durable product on the internet that can withstand the canine’s powerful jaws. You will be surprised how easily these toys can be shred apart if you will allow an aggressive chewer to play with it. Make sure to avoid doing this practice at all costs because you will only waste your money. If your pet is an aggressive chewer, make sure that the product you will buy is highly durable, and refer to what other people are saying when it comes to the product that you are trying to buy.
Picking The Right Dog Chew Toy
We all want the best for our furry friends, but sometimes, that best can be hard to find. No two dogs are alike, even among similar breeds. That’s why it’s so important to recognize you own dog’s traits and tailor your treatment to their needs.
1. Which Toy Will Last?All dogs attack their favorite toys with vigor, but only some can withstand a dog’s sharp teeth and constant gnawing.
2. What Do You Want the Toy to Do?Almost every chew toy has a separate purpose other than just existing to be chewed. Some let you put treats or peanut butter inside, some squeak, and some have dental health benefits. Think about what you want and what your dog needs before you settle. A few choices might include:
- Squeak Toys: You’re dog will love them, but you probably won’t. With any loud toys, keep in mind your surroundings. If you live in a busy apartment complex, you may lose a few neighbors if you go for this noisy option.
- Treat Toys: These may seem like they’d be the most loved by dogs, but your pup may actually turn away from this toy if they feel like they can’t get to the treat or that it has an unnatural odor from the toy itself. These treat filled toys might work best for special occasions rather than an everyday romp.
- Health Focused Toys: Whenever possible check for the health benefits of the toy. You can put your mind at rest by choosing chew toys that help clean your dog’s teeth and freshen his or her breath.
3. Match the Size of the Toy to the Size of the DogWhether it’s a puppy or a Great Dane, you’ll want to keep their size in mind when choosing a chew toy. Every dog’s mouth is shaped differently and will be able to withstand different levels of tough materials not to mention that the materials will vary in their ability to withstand your dog.
4. To Squish or Not to Squish?Squish toys are a mixed bag. Some dogs love feeling their toy give way when they bite down, while others prefer the challenge of wearing it down over time. Once again, consider their teeth and jaw strength, but ultimately, this choice will be more determined by your dog than by you.
5. Easy to Clean, Easy to KeepWe all know the strong smell of dog breath. It may not always be pleasant but it can be a good indicator of what they’ve been eating. It helps you keep track of anything harmful they might have decided to turn into a chew toy.
6. Go for the Flavor or Stick to the Basics?Besides the dental benefits of some chew toys, you can also opt for a mix between the treat filled toys and the ones that are great for their teeth. Many great toy options are flavored with tastes your dog is sure to love. Try out some of the options such as:
- Peanut Butter
- Try rubbing the chew toy in your hands. This will put your scent on the toy, which may help your dog recognize the toy and take to it more quickly.
- Remember that dogs have their own favorite foods, so if a flavored treat isn’t working, it may not be the toy itself, just the flavor.
- Pay attention to the texture of the toy. Ridges can actually give your dog more chewing stimulation, so go for the fun shapes and lines rather than a smooth surface.
Most dog chew toys that can be bought through Amazon are sold at an affordable price. If you have extra money to spare, you can buy your pets their chew toys and see how they would enjoy playing with it. This toy would also prevent your dogs from chewing the leather on the seats, the pillows, and other soft materials inside your home.
It will also make your pets pre-occupied for an extended period, and you will be able to do things that you wanted without supervising what your pets are doing. The manufacturers of these products made a good job of designing an affordable and pet-friendly toy that these animals love.